Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Preschool report: September

It's over halfway through October, and I'm finally writing about September. But it's better late than never.

In September, we focused on the joy of obedience and decisions. This was actually kind of a tough one. The book had some suggestions, but there weren't a lot, so I had to come up with a lot on my own.

We had a lot of discussions, including about what a law is, what obedience is, what a decision is and what happens when there are no laws. We had a puppet show about making good decisions. We also sat down as a family and made a Family Rules Chart that we now have hanging in our hall. We had a Family Home Evening lesson about obeying the commandments, and later one about saying you're sorry. We talked a little about repentance too. We also learned safety rules for inside and outside the house, and the kids drew pictures for our safety rules chart. Then we made up a song to help them learn our phone number and address, and discussed what to do if you get lost.

I feel that this month kind of lacked the same fun and enthusiasm as the last few months. I think that, despite the subject matter, this "joy" could be a lot of fun too. If we make it fun, then the kids will learn that obeying rules and making good decisions is a happy thing. I hope I can figure out how to do that before it's time to go over this again for Eric. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know.

Eric has learned to count to 12, but he is still working on recognizing the numbers. Helen has started reading lessons again, and this time we're making progress. I'll be so excited when she reads a book aloud to me.

So that's it for now until the end of October ...

No comments:

Post a Comment